Saturday, October 31, 2009

Congratulations on the Pumpkin Challenge

Congrats to Evelyn who did the 5K Pumpkin Challenge last weekend. To say it was pouring, would be an understatement. It was worse than pouring. Do you remember last Saturday? It was absolutely miserable. In fact, I confess that I was dressed and ready to go to that race and I bagged it. I couldn't do it. Neither could the other 2 people that I was planning on going with. We all decided to stay home. But, not Evelyn. She trucked it up to Saratoga and cranked out a PR! That's right...a personal record. Congratulations, Evelyn!

Congrats to Jason who ran the 10k Pumpkin Challenge. He had a great 10k time and is still bragging about how nice the "free" shirts were. They make you work pretty hard for that free shirt though, don't they?

Jason, Alyson, Linda and I went out for our Saturday run this morning. Did 6.5. We all felt great. I think we're all rested up since running the half a few weeks ago. Even though we've been running all along, we've felt tired, but that didn't seem to be a problem today.

I posted a new race link...for anyone interested. It's a 5K in December...Albany Winterfest. I ran this with my family last year. It's a really fun race becauses it goes through Washington Park. There are Christmas lights and fireworks. You should check it out...

Happy Halloween running today...hope you get a run in!

No comments:

Post a Comment