Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Race Report

We met at 9:45 on Saturday. About 30 minutes before the race started. Just enough time for some pictures and a prayer. Everyone was excited for the race and before we knew it we were lining up on Madison Avenue...along with almost 4,000 other women!

The gun went off at 10:15 and off we went...or should I say "up" we went...right up the hill on Madison Avenue, then through Washington Park. Next, we were heading up another hill (about a 1/2 mile hill) on South Lake (that was fun, wasn't it?).

On one hand, races go by so fast and on the other hand it feels like forever. Sort of like life, I guess. Anyway, the race ends by coming back down the hill on Madison and by the time you get there, the finish line is in sight.

Every person in our group finished the race and that was our goal...to finish. You guys ran a 5k - that's SO GREAT!

I am thrilled that everyone stuck to the 9 week plan right to the very end. I'm even happier to report that you're still running! I'm hearing you're signing up for more 5k's and some of you are even going to try for a 10k. Your health is better, you're feeling good - I couldn't be happier!

Thank you for all the kind words you have said to me about this experience, but really you guys did all the work. I'm just happy that I got to share something that I truly love with people I love!

So, what's next? Any ideas? Would we want to try to run together somewhere once a month? I'd love to hear your thoughts...I hate for this to end...it has been a lot of FUN!

1 comment:

  1. How about twice a month? Until we all sign up for another race, that is, and need to meet weekly again. I don't want to lose momentum -- I feel so much better physically, am sleeping better, am eating better, have more energy, am in BETTER MOODS generally! How can we stop with all of that good stuff?! I took a look at Kathy's link to improving times and tried out a bit of the interval/tempo run today. I can already see how that will help improve. Also, if anyone is planning to run around the Crossings ever, feel free to call. We can always plan impromptu runs!

    ReplyDelete