Friday, March 12, 2010

My First 10K

I signed up to run my first 10k! It's next weekend (3/20) in Holyoke, MA. My brother lives in Massachusetts and this was his very first race ever two years ago. He & his wife are going to run it along with a bunch of their friends. I thought it would be fun to make the drive out and do it, too. What's great about it is it starts at 1:00. I've never run a race at that time of day. I won't have to get up at the crack of dawn and drive out there (although I'm sure I'll be up at the crack of dawn anyway!). I'm taking two running friends along with me so it will be a great time, I'm sure.

This race is all about St. Patrick's Day so I went out and bought a green shirt to wear..I know, I'm a cornball. Just trying to get in the spirit..if that doesn't help, the free beer after the race should do it ;-)

Although I've run the 10k distance many, many times (& beyond!) this will be my first actual 10k race. I like this distance. I've been running it a lot lately.

I have an 8 miler planned for tomorrow morning. I have to crank up the mileage if I'm going to do this half marathon next month. Gotta respect the distance as they say. I don't want to take it for granted that I can just do it. I'll get in some good long runs over the next month and I should be fine.

Well, hopefully we'll all get a run in tomorrow before the rain rolls in! Have a good one :-)

1 comment: