Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday

I love Fridays, doesn't everyone? Many Friday nights, we go and hang out with some good friends and tonight is one of those nights. Always fun times on Friday nights!

The weather is getting nicer which means better running is in my near future. I've felt so weighted down with extra clothes lately and my runs have been SLOW! I was able to run 5 miles yesterday at a decent pace (9:20 ?) and I also had on just one layer of pants, but two layers of shirts. Still, that's a lot less than what I have been wearing.

I also went running by myself yesterday..I always run faster when I'm alone. I felt like pushing myself a bit and it felt really good. I think I may just do that 10K on March 20 in Holyoke. Hoping some of my Freihofer teammates want to come along!

I have to mention the girl in California that was murdered while she was out running. Sometimes we feel indestructible, like that would never happen to us. Hopefully, it never does, but we must think ahead try to imagine what we might do in that type of situation.

Personally, whether I'm running with someone or running alone I bring pepper spray. I'm not saying 100% that's going to save me if I'm attacked or whatever, but at least it's something. I also bring my cell phone and I try not to run in remote areas. We just need to remind ourselves to be alert while we're out on the road (or anywhere for that matter) because things can happen so fast.

Well, hope you go out for a nice run this weekend and don't forget to stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment