Monday, March 23, 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set.....

The time is getting closer to begin our training program. Isn't it exciting? I'm hearing how you guys are buying sneakers, calendars, and some of you have even started walking and/or running programs on your own. WOW! This is really exciting!!

We're meeting at Panera tomorrow night. Hopefully, you've had a chance to read over the training program by now. I look forward to getting the group together and talking about whatever it is you guys want to talk about. It's really just an opportunity to ask questions before the "official" training begins next week. Don't worry if you can't make it to Panera tomorrow, you can still be in the group. It's not mandatory that you come. It's just a chance to get together. Email me if you want to be part of the group, but you can't make it tomorrow night, okay?

Do you have any ideas for places that we could meet together to run? Bring them to the table tomorrow night! I think a great place for us to start is the Averill Park High School track. Tracks are much more "friendly" to our bodies than the pavement. It should be okay for the first few weeks of April and then I'm pretty sure there will be track meets there so we'll have to find somewhere else. Some possibilities are the Corning Preserve, the Crossings or we could invade someone's neighborhood if you live in a development :-)

Well, I think that's it until tomorrow night. If you have any specific questions you know ahead of time, email me. I'm certainly not an authority, but I can tell you what works for me. If I don't know the answer to something, I will research it and find out!

See you all tomorrow night at 6:00.

1 comment: