Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome

Hello! I am so glad you decided to check out my blog! I hope this is the first of many visits.

If you're here, it's because you're considering running a 5K.

The first thing you need to know is you can do it. You may not be able to do it today, but if you stick with me from the beginning of April through the end of May, you WILL be able to do it.

The nine week training program I've chosen requires no running experience at all. Zero. If you click on the link to the right you can view the entire program called Couch-to-5K.

If you're sitting there thinking "I should lose weight first", "I have to quit smoking", "I'll wait until spring." Those are just comfortable excuses we use to stay on our comfortable couches. I know. I've used them myself (& many more)! Eventually, spring will come and there will be a new list of excuses (like I said, I know from experience).

Today is the day for you to decide to do something you've never done. Something unexpected. Something just for you. I promise, you'll be glad you did.

Just remember...

There will come a day when you can no longer do this.

Today... is NOT that day!

So, what do you say? You in?

2 comments:

  1. Well Cindy, I guess I'm in....made a profile and eveything! Although I can't figure out how to display my picture...oh well!

    I am excited about running the Freihoffers Race. I haven't done it in a couple of years because I didn't have anyone to run with. I think that this is going to be a lot of fun! Thanks for suggesting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this Cindy! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete