Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another Saturday Run

We met over at the Crossings today for our 2.5 mile run. The weather was beautiful. I wasn't sure if I'd be running myself since I'm still "on the mend". I have to say that it felt really good going through my familiar routine as I prepared to get myself ready. Just putting on my running clothes felt great even if I ended up not running!

The line up today was: Anne-Marie, Diane, Nicole, Evelyn, Linda and myself. I know the others were there in spirit :-) Everyone's kids are doing their sports and it's a busy time of year with the school year end fast approaching.

Anyway, it was a great run. Everyone did the 2.5 without walking. I am so impressed with you all. Anne-Marie, I am especially in awe of you! When we ran together 2 weeks ago (2 miles) you were saying, "I can't do it" and today I saw a completely different Anne-Marie. When we were finished, Diane said to you, "If you can do 2.5, you can definitely do 3." I loved your response. You said, "I know I can." That was the best! I see a confidence in you that I didn't see before and that makes me so happy! You are going to do great in the race!

Well, we liked the Crossings so much that I think we'll meet back there again next Saturday. We talked about running the Freihofer's course during the week leading up to the race (for anyone that is interested).

Once again, you are all doing FANTASTIC! I am so happy that you are meeting your goal. Doesn't it feel great?

Here are today's pics....notice Evelyn's influence :-)


3 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo! Look at those nice running legs, ladies! Nicole, I think, missed her calling to be a ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yay, everyone! Glad to see Cindy back running and feeling more like herself again! Also, yay, Anne Marie! I look forward to this Saturday. Last Saturday, I was judging at a music festival in Westchester County. So, when it was over on Sat. afternoon, I just put on the clothes and ran/walked 2 miles on the Sleepy Hollow High School Track (yes, they claim to be the home of Washington Irving, and Ichabod Crane, and such...) Anyway, there was a lacrosse game going on at the time, with spectators and all... Definitely a different experience! On Sunday, I really do not enjoy running, but I ran a record 2.5 miles on the treadmill at the gym, and walked/ran for a record total 40 minutes. I have to say at this point that I think I can run the majority of the Freihofer's, too! Hey, see you all on Saturday! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is doing awesome! Sorry I missed Saturday but I will definitely be there this week!!

    ReplyDelete