Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Big Day

I can't believe the race is just a few days away. These past 9 weeks have flown by, haven't they?

One piece of advice this week...if you're going to be running, do it early in the week. I know it's almost Wednesday now so I would say run either Wednesday or Thursday, but I would advise against running on Friday. By now, you are ready for Saturday. Give your body a day or two to rest.

If anyone would like to meet up with me on Friday to drive down to get their race packets, here is my idea. Since I will be working, we could meet at the church at 1:30 and drive downtown to get our race packets. Maybe take a walk through the expo if we have time. I'd be up for that so let me know if anyone is interested. I wouldn't be able to stay too long since I'll have to be back home in time for the school bus.

In your packet you will get your bib (race #), safety pins (to pin your bib into place - on the front of your shirt) and your timing chip. There will probably be instructions about strapping your chip to your shoe laces. (They sent an email out about that). You'll also get your t-shirt and a bunch of other random things.

The day of the race we are meeting at the top of the stairs leading up to the plaza on the right hand side. It's the second set of stairs (going up Madison). We'll meet at 9:45 on the right hand side of the stairs.

So, I want to take this chance to wish you all the best of luck on Saturday. The work (in my opinion) is done. The race is simply the icing on the cake. It is the reward for 9 weeks of training. You will never forget your first race so make sure you enjoy every moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment