Thursday, April 9, 2009

Monitoring the Weather Forecasters

Some weather forecasts for Saturday

Channel 9 says:
SATURDAY
Early Shower/Mix
Partial Clearing Later
Highs: mid to upper 40s

Doesn't sound so good, does it?

Paul Caiano Channel 13 says:

Right now, Easter weekend looks good but a bit chilly with a good amount of sun both days and highs near 50 Saturday and in the mid 40's Sunday.

A bit vague, don't you think?

Lastly, here is Channel 10's take on Saturday:

Friday night, some interesting weather will arrive. As the cold air starts to bleed into the region, rain showers will mix with and eventually change to wet snow showers mainly across the higher elevations. Some of this messy winter like weather will last into Saturday morning with a few inches of snow accumulation (1"-3") across higher elevations of the Catskills, Helderbergs, Berkshires and southern Green mountains of Vermont.

What does all of this mean? I have no idea. I've never been so worried about the weather until I started this running group. Now, I'm monitoring it everyday & every station.

Oh well, since they all have different opinions, I guess anything could happen - and probably will.

Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

  1. I will be there regardless!! I wanted to also let you know that I have officially registered for the run!! Now I better be able to run 3 miles huh?? See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think, Kath! Oh & since you are the first to register for the run, I owe you a prize. I'll bring it tomorrow. Has anyone else registered yet? Don't forget, I said the first 3 people to register will get a prize from me. So, now we're down to 2 more prizes.

    Who's it gonna be???

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok it's late and I don't know if anyone will get this, but where actually IS colonie HS. I guess never asume we would be going to the same place twice! :) Let me know if you get this and I will see you there...is priscilla BTW I cant figure out how to post this from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla - call me if you want to meet me at the church at 9:40 and I'll pick you up there. I'd pick you up at your house, but I'm giving someone else a ride, too, so I don't think I'll have enough time to come to your house.

    ReplyDelete